Handling sensitive information? Shred on your own? The average office shredder is actually risky and more costly than you may think.
Imagine if your office became victim to identity theft, fraud or another fraudulent crime. This can easily happen if you shred yourself and documents aren’t destroyed properly.
Shred! Hidden costs and risks of shredding documents in an office shredder:
- The shredder may have a fixed, relatively low up-front price tag but there are additional maintenance, replacement and cleaning costs to be considered. The shredding of large amounts of paper in-house can also produce a fine dust, affecting employee health.
- It’s only human nature to make mistakes but a mistake when shredding can be detrimental. Office shredding often leaves the decisions on what to shred up to the employees. Negligence on an employees behalf can cause significant threat to information safety.
- When shredding is done in the office, the employees responsible for the process, often do not have suitable training in document security, retention and disposal. There is also no proof of secure document destruction when shredding in-office
- What about time and productivity costs of employees when they must spend their valuable time shredding documents. Office shredders can’t handle paper clips and staples (so these will need to be removed by the employees) and documents need to be arranged into easy to shred portions then manually fed into the paper shredder. The employees will also need to empty receptacles and clean up…on the clock.
- Paper is often cut into long strips by office-grade shredders. These can easily be pieced back together and increase the risk of a security breach.
Benefits to using a reliable document shredding service:
- Sensitive documents are removed from the workplace for shredding with industrial grade equipment so employees are not affected by fine dust.
- Shred-it-all policy reduces the risk of human error and all documents provided to a reliable document shredding service like ours, are disposed under strict guidelines.
- Staff have been cleared to a minimum required by the National Police Records Check
- Certificate of Destruction is provided after every shred for audit purposes.
- No need to remove paper clips and staples
- Documents are cross-shredded and destroyed into fragments that cannot be reassembled
- Paper transferred to a paper recycling facility to be recycled into paper products
Ready to protect your business?
Metro Shred are 100% Australian owned and operated.
To learn more about how we can protect your documents and security, please contact us on 1300 677 074